Big Data, Big Impact? The Future of Gender-Sensitive Data Systems
With only ten years remaining to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals, there is an increased demand for inclusive, high-quality data to drive progress. Data2X invites you to attend a daylong convening which will address two questions:
- How can big data be used to successfully tackle gender issues?
- How can we maximize the potential of big data for gender while also effectively addressing issues that may negatively impact women and girls, including privacy, transparency, and ensuring community participation?
This event will showcase the results of a five-year research program on big data and gender, featuring groundbreaking projects that investigated the potential of new data sources to answer critical questions about the lives of women and girls. Through a series of panel discussions, presentations, and debates, the day will bring together research, industry, and policy leaders to discuss the next steps in creating a secure, durable, and policy-relevant big data system that accurately represents and can deliver for women and girls.
Featured speakers include:
- Nuria Oliver, Vodafone Institute, DataPop Alliance
- Fabrizio Hochschild, UN Special Adviser on Digital Cooperation
- Alex ‘Sandy’ Pentland, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
- Anousheh Ansari, XPrize Foundation
- Megan Smith, shift7
Space is limited. For those who are attending the event in person, you must register through this page for security purposes. For those who cannot attend in person, you can access the livestream of the event here: bit.ly/Data2XBigDataConveningLivestream.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.