Data-Pop Alliance is seeking a full-time Communications and Design Intern based in Cambridge MA, New York City, or Mexico City (tbd according to dates and candidate’s preferences), and will work out of the Data-Pop Alliance offices.
Effective dates: 2-3 months, Starting early June or July – through August 31st.
Reporting to the Director and working closely with the Operations and Outreach Manager based in NYC/Mexico and the Knowledge Manager based in Cambridge MA, the Communications and Design intern will support Data-Pop Alliance’s website restructuring and outreach strategy development through the following key responsibilities:
|Website and design (50%)||Updates of Data-Pop Alliance web page, including specific content updates and navigation restructuring
Support the design of the new Research, Engagement and Data Spaces pages (on the model of our current “Training” page)
Create the pages above (CMS = WordPress, Cornerstone)
Propose and create dynamic graphic elements for the pages above
Update website Calendar (i.e event throughout 2018-2019)
Add Publications to corresponding author’s bio page
Proceed with updates in the website as needed
|Communications and outreach (50%)||Draft Newsletter template
Create Data-Pop Alliance mailing list
Prepare draft of 1st Data-Pop Alliance newsletter (to be sent early September)
Research, gather and organize news, articles, events etc. relevant for editions of Links We Like
Draft 2-3 Links We Like edition, with support of team
Skills and experience required
You are / have:
• A current student or graduate with a Bachelor’s Degree in graphic design, communications, or relevant field
• A minimum of 1-2 years relevant experience
• Experience / ability to work on WordPress, Cornerstone, html code
• A self-starter, disciplined, driven, eager to learn, grow, and make an impact
• Successful experience working in a multicultural environment with partners and people of different backgrounds and levels of seniority
• Management of Spanish and/or French is a plus
800 USD / month
Qualified candidates are requested to submit a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Communications and design intern” by May 7th, 6:00pm EST.
In this brief cover letter paragraph, please include: educational background, languages spoken, and 2 references.