Job Opportunity: Graphic Designer
Data-Pop Alliance is looking for a Research and Content Intern. We are an international nonprofit created in 2013 out of the Harvard Humanitarian Initiative (HHI), the MIT Media Lab and ODI. We bring together researchers, experts, practitioners, and activists to change the world with data through three pillars of work: diagnosing local realities and human problems with data and AI; mobilizing capacities, communities, and ideas towards more data literate societies, and transforming the systems and processes that underpin our societies and countries.
DPA has partnered with organizations such as the Inter-American Development Bank, UNDP, UN ESCWA, GIZ (German development agency), the Vodafone Institute, Oxfam México and other key international stakeholders to develop projects in Africa, Latin America and the Caribbean, the MENA region and Asia. We have also deployed over 20 workshops in 14 different countries. To learn more about DPA, please visit our website or read our 2020-2022 report here.
Dates: 3 months, full-time (With possibility of extension)
Work modality: Remote.
Scope of Work
Reporting to the Communications Manager in Mexico City, and the Senior Graphic and Web Designer based in Colombia. The graphic designer will produce multimedia content, web, graphic and editorial design, as other tasks in the following manner:
- Participate in the creation of scripts and storyboards
- Edit video and audio for e-learning materials and dissemination videos
- Develop animated content
- Create interactive presentations and e-learning materials (using tools such as Genially, Canva, Miro/Jam board)
Web management and design (20%)
- Work in WordPress and Squarespace to update design or content elements, create new templates for specific sections or insert plugins for specific functionalities
- Manage content (upload, organize, etc.) in e-learning platforms such as Moodle
- Provide technical support during DPA events, if needed
Graphic and editorial design (30%)
- Branding and graphic identity for stand alone projects, and DPA products. This may include creating logos, iconography, color palettes, document covers, templates for presentations and other documents, etc.
- Diagram reports and other publications (optimizing for web and/or print)
- Create graphic applications for social media, website, and other platforms, including infographics, fliers, posters, invitations, headers for the newsletter/social media, etc.
- Bachelor in Graphic Arts, or related degree
- Advanced knowledge of the Adobe Suite, particularly video editing software and other interactivity tools
- Experience managing WordPress (or similar managing content tools), and basic knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Experience using e-learning platforms and tools, such as Moodle, is preferred
- Comfortable working remotely and using productivity tools (e.g. Asana, Slack, others)
- Proactive, excited to work collaboratively and propose ideas, as well as able to listen closely to needs and expectations
- Excellent attention to detail
- Fluent in English and Spanish
Candidates should be able to work independently, manage their time wisely, and meet deadlines. They should be detail-focused, reliable, professional, and possess excellent communication, and interpersonal skills.
To be Determined
Qualified candidates are requested to submit a CV, their book, portfolio and/or reels available to review and at least two references to email@example.com with the subject line “Graphic Designer” by December 10th, 6:00pm EST.
Data-Pop Alliance employs personnel without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, color, ethnic origin, language, citizenship, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, physical and/or mental handicap or financial ability. While remaining alert and sensitive to the issue of fair and equitable treatment for all, Data-Pop Alliance has a special concern with the participation and advancement of members of four designated groups that have traditionally been disadvantaged in employment: women, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities.