Job Opportunity: Project Manager - Digital Transformations
Data-Pop Alliance is looking for a Project Manager with vast expertise in the field of Digital for Development and Data Governance to join our “Ethical Digital Transformations” program. We are an international nonprofit created in 2013 out of the Harvard Humanitarian Initiative (HHI), the MIT Media Lab and ODI. We bring together researchers, experts, practitioners, and activists to change the world with data through three pillars of work: diagnosing local realities and human problems with data and AI; mobilizing capacities, communities, and ideas towards more data literate societies, and transforming the systems and processes that underpin our societies and countries.
Dates: Immediate start. 3-month trial period with longer-term contract to follow, based on performance.
Location: Between UTC -3 to +4 is strongly preferred.
Work Modality: Remote work. The Project Manager will report and work closely with Project Managers and Directors to carry out the following scope of work:
Scope of Work
Project Management (60%)
Program and Research Strategy (30%)
- Manager with minimum 7 years of relevant professional experience
- Master’s degree in economics, public administration, international development, or related fields
- Successful experience of program development, the project management cycle, and participatory planning methodologies, including distance management
- Proven experience leading administrative processes, budget, and operations
- Proven leadership ability, including the ability to work autonomously, and to motivate and develop skills of others
- Knowledge, working experience and interest in the sustainable development field
- Proven expertise in research projects involving MEL methodologies
- Strategic vision on the role of data and technology for development
- Proven experience with data governance projects and familiarity with relevant ethical best practices
- Experience working with “non-traditional” data sources such as CDRs is strongly desired
- Proven ability to work in highly paced diverse work environments
- Proven ability to engage with senior public officials
- Proven ability to work on complex projects with various components.
- Experience working with grants, managing donors, and writing proposals is desired
- Ability to work with people from different cultural backgrounds
- High interpersonal, communication, solving-problem and adaptability skills
- Fluency in English and French is required (with excellent writing and communication skills in both). Working proficiency or more in Spanish is highly desirable.
Competitive and based on experience.
Qualified candidates are requested to submit the documents listed below to email@example.com with the subject line “Project Manager_EDT” by February 18, 6:00 pm EST. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis so early application is strongly advised. Please note that only complete applications submitted in English will be considered.
- Portfolio: Include a description of the relevant projects on which you have previously worked. Include 100 words per project maximum. File name should be “Portfolio_Project Manager EDT_[Applicant’s Name]”
- Curriculum Vitae. File name should be “CV_Project Manager EDT_[Applicant’s Name]”
- Cover letter: (max 4.5K characters excluding spaces) detailing:
- Why are you interested in working with DPA?
- How will your experience contribute to our work?
- Provide a brief description of your experience with digitalization strategies, systems measurement and evaluation (M&E), project management, etc.
- File name should be “Cover Letter_Project Manager EDT_[Applicant’s Name]”
- 3 references
- Monthly salary expectation (in USD)
Data-Pop Alliance employs personnel without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, color, ethnic origin, language, citizenship, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, physical and/or mental handicap or financial ability. While remaining alert and sensitive to the issue of fair and equitable treatment for all, Data-Pop Alliance has a special concern with the participation and advancement of members of four designated groups that have traditionally been disadvantaged in employment: women, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities.