Job Opportunity: Research and Content Intern (Paid position)
Data-Pop Alliance is looking for a Research and Content Intern. We are an international nonprofit created in 2013 out of the Harvard Humanitarian Initiative (HHI), the MIT Media Lab and ODI. We bring together researchers, experts, practitioners, and activists to change the world with data through three pillars of work: diagnosing local realities and human problems with data and AI; mobilizing capacities, communities, and ideas towards more data literate societies, and transforming the systems and processes that underpin our societies and countries.
DPA has partnered with organizations such as the Inter-American Development Bank, UNDP, UN ESCWA, GIZ (German development agency), the Vodafone Institute, Oxfam México and other key international stakeholders to develop projects in Africa, Latin America and the Caribbean, the MENA region and Asia. We have also deployed over 20 workshops in 14 different countries. To learn more about DPA, please visit our website or read our 2020-2022 report here.
Dates: 3 months, full-time.
Location: Preferably between UTC -1 to UTC +4 time zones.
Work modality: Remote.
Scope of Work
The Research Intern will produce research in the fields of digital transformation, ethical data use, and evaluation of public policy. The intern will report to a Project Manager in Germany and Technical Manager in the UAE. Amongst others, primary activities for the Research and Content Intern include:
1.Qualitative Research (60%)
2.Quantitative Research (40%)
3.Content Creation (20%)
4. Participate in meetings with other DPA researchers.
5. Other tasks and duties as required.
- Recent graduate (or student in last semester of university) with a degree in International Relations, Public Policy, Political Science, Economics, or other social science fields.
- Knowledge of digitalization for sustainable development.
- Strong interest and first experience in impact and strategic evaluation of public policy.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English (fluent), Arabic (desirable), French (desirable), or Spanish (desirable).
- Ability to work with people from different cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to multitask, while being proactive, analytical and organized.
- Familiarity and experience with qualitative and quantitative research and analysis (proven knowledge of either R,Python and/orSTATA is desired).
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, PowerBi).
- Comfortable with remote teams and processes.
Candidates should be able to work independently, manage their time wisely, and meet deadlines. They should be detail-focused, reliable, professional, and possess strong research, writing, editing, and analysis skills, as well as excellent communication, and interpersonal skills.
$500 USD (monthly)
Qualified candidates are requested to submit a CV (one page), a cover letter (800 words max), and one writing sample (2 pages max, in English) to email@example.com with the subject line “Research and Content Intern_EDT” by February 18 at 6:00 PM (EST). Applications will be considered on a rolling basis so early application is strongly advised. Please note that only complete applications submitted in English will be considered.
Data-Pop Alliance employs personnel without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, color, ethnic origin, language, citizenship, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, physical and/or mental handicap or financial ability. While remaining alert and sensitive to the issue of fair and equitable treatment for all, Data-Pop Alliance has a special concern with the participation and advancement of members of four designated groups that have traditionally been disadvantaged in employment: women, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities.