Job Opening: Graphic and Web Designer (closed)
Data-Pop Alliance (DPA), a global not-for-profit coalition created in 2013 by the MIT Connection Science, Harvard Humanitarian Initiative (HHI), and Overseas Development Institute (ODI), is looking to hire a Graphic and Web Designer based in Mexico City, part or full time.
Effective dates: 3 months initially (October – December 2020), half time or full time (to be discussed, minimum 4 days a week). Possibility for contract extension pending satisfactory performance.
Scope of work: The selected candidate will be a talented and creative professional whose work across diverse areas and projects will be featured in different outlets, including DPA’s website, social media, and partner sites, amongst others. Reporting to the Operations Director and the Communications Manager in Mexico, the Graphic and Web Designer will support Data-Pop Alliance’s activities through the following key responsibilities:
Graphic Design Work (70%)
Web Design (30%)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design or similar educational background.
- Previous experience creating editorial products, such as long-format publications.
- Advanced level of Illustrator and InDesign, or similar software.
- Experience with web design (UX, UI).
- Previous knowledge of the WordPress platform is not necessary –training can be offered–, but the candidate should be tech savvy.
- Fluent in Spanish and English (French is strongly desirable, but not required).
- Strong writing skills in Spanish and English are a plus.
- Attention to detail is required, as well as ability to work well in teams and receive constructive feedback.
- Experience working with people from different cultural backgrounds is desirable.
- Time management skills, capacity to work independently and propose new ideas.
- Interest in social and sustainable development, big data or artificial intelligence, or previous work with civil society organizations.
Competitive compensation based on experience, ranging from 18,000 to 24,000 MXN monthly (gross amount) on a full time basis, or equivalent for part time.
Qualified candidates are requested to submit a 1) CV and 2) portfolio (or website featuring your work) to email@example.com with the subject line “Graphic and Web Designer” by September 23, 9:00pm EST.
Please include in the body of the email: languages spoken and two references.
Data-Pop Alliance employs personnel without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, color, ethnic origin, language, citizenship, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, physical and/or mental handicap or financial ability. While remaining alert and sensitive to the issue of fair and equitable treatment for all, Data-Pop Alliance has a special concern with the participation and advancement of members of four designated groups that have traditionally been disadvantaged in employment: women, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities.