Data-Pop Alliance is seeking a full-time Fundraising Officer to be based in Bogotá or Mexico City.
Effective dates: June 1st through August 31st with possibility of extension depending on funding; Full-time
Reporting to the Director and working closely with the Knowledge Manager and Operations and Outreach Manager based in Cambridge MA and NYC, the Fundraising Officer will undertake all fundraising-related activities, through the following key responsibilities:
|Fundraising (80%)||Proactively seek new sources of corporate, foundation, and public-sector support.
Develop and manage a prospecting system: identify and qualify donor prospects and support cultivation and solicitation strategies for them.
Provide oversight and implementation of strategies to engage, renew, and acquire major donors and prospects, through in person meetings, direct mail, phone, and email solicitation.
Identify and make contact with potential funding sources to build a portfolio of mid-level donors and major donor prospects.
Write, edit and submit concept notes, proposals and reports
Participate in defining and carrying out development objectives and priorities for entire organization
Write, edit and submit reporting documents to donors
|Administrative (20%)||Incorporate Data-Pop Alliance as a nonprofit organization in Colombia
Set up bank account for Data-Pop Colombia
Other administrative tasks as required
Skills and experience required
You are / have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in public management, international development or related field
- Bilingual English / Spanish
- A minimum of 1-2 years experience in fundraising experience in a non-profit development department
- A self-starter, disciplined, driven, eager to learn, grow, and make an impact
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize assignments, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Successful experience working in a multicultural environment with partners and people of different backgrounds and levels of seniority
- Management of French is a plus
$ 1500 USD / month
Qualified candidates are requested to submit a CV and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Fundraising Officer,” by May 23rd, 6:00pm EST. In this brief cover letter paragraph, please include: educational background, languages spoken, and 2 references.