Data-Pop Alliance is seeking a motivated and engaged Research Assistant (RA) to support our ongoing research and training activities on big data and development, including conducting research, organizing events and preparing materials for our upcoming global training workshops.
Job DescriptionUnder the supervision of the Data-Pop Alliance Research Manager and Research Scientist, the RA will:
- Assist in literature reviews, proofreading, content development and analysis, report preparation
- Prepare final report and presentation materials, including PowerPoint slides, handouts, and other conference presentation materials
- Provide event and administrative support, as necessary, related to the research and training programs
Key skills, technical background and experience required
- Strong interest and previous experience in international development and/or our thematic areas. Experience related to statistics, data and development a plus.
- Previous academic and/or work experience conducting qualitative and/or quantitative research
- Outstanding attention to detail and organization
- Familiarity with conducting desk research and navigating academic sources and online databases.
- Excellent writing, facilitation, and organizational skills
- Excellent command of the English language
- Deadline driven with a focus on results
- Advanced MS Office skills, specifically in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Adept at the use of office communication tools
How to applyQualified candidates are requested to submit a CV and brief cover letter paragraph (1 paragraph via email) to email@example.com with the subject line “RA Data and Development,” by 16 September 2016, 5:00pm EST. In this brief cover letter paragraph, please let us know:
- Undergraduate/graduate or recent graduate
- Educational background
- Languages spoken
- Part-time or full-time