Terms of Reference
Sustainable Development, Big Data and AI Research and Training Intern
Data-Pop Alliance is seeking a part-time Sustainable Development, Big Data, and AI Research and Training Intern based in Cambridge MA.
Effective dates: 2-3 months, starting mid-January – through mid-April.
Working space will be provided by Data-Pop Alliance; alternatively the intern can work from home, if and when this would be suitable for Data-Pop Alliance and the intern. However, presence in the office may be required for specific deliverables (to be determined).
Reporting to the Director and working closely with the Deputy Director based in Cambridge MA, the Research and Training intern will support Data-Pop Alliance’s global training program on Big Data and Sustainable Development through the following key responsibilities:
|Research and materials update||Research most recent academic discussions and empirical case studies around the use of Big Data and Artificial Intelligence for public policy and sustainable development;
Based on selected materials and outline, update Data-Pop Alliance Toolkit about “Big Data for Sustainable Development”, including, i.e. improving and creating content about main relevant concepts and buzzwords, ethics and privacy, and participatory project design;
Create visualizations / graphs for Data-Pop Alliance training materials about tech and development buzzwords
Skills and experience required
You are / have:
- A current student or graduate with a Master’s Degree in International Development, Technology and Policy, or relevant field
- Previous experience in research and/or program development on data, AI, and sustainable development
- Working knowledge and experience in data science, big data and/or artificial intelligence
- Excellent writing and analytical skills
- Excellent command of the English language
- A self-starter, disciplined, driven, eager to learn, grow, and make an impact
- Management of Spanish and/or French is a plus
450 USD / month
Qualified candidates are requested to submit a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Research and Training Intern” by January 20th, 6:00pm EST. In this brief cover letter paragraph, please include: educational background, languages spoken, and 2 references.